Be a Supporter!

sumidiotdudesumidiotdude

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 63 Fans

All 1,184 flash Reviews

Inside Out Inside Out

The epitome of Clock Day.

I can't find a single thing wrong with this flash which is difficult to say, especially on Clock Day. The animation style and techniques you used are superb, not comparable to anyone else I've seen on this site. I also love the effect you used where the man's shorts' color moves with the background, I'd seen that done on television before but never in flash, so I applaud you for that. The song was also rockin', fit extremely well in the flash. I'll probably be giving these Culture Beat guys a look after this.

There may have been a message in this flash, I'm not sure, if there was one it probably flew over my head. The thing that I liked most about this was how it was showing distinction between the man and Strawberry's world. Clock Day always seems like another world to me, so I was slightly able to relate to the flash. While it didn't have the humor associated with Clock Day, you definitely came through with great animation and appeal to the audience. Maybe the best Clock Day flash I've seen yet. Keep up the great work!

FoXcatO responds:

Thank you for your well thought out + lengthy review.
I'm glad you liked the effect on the shorts, I actually think it turned out pretty neat myself:)
Yeah Culture Beat are really great. You really should look them up.

More flash is coming that's for sure:D

Strawberry Shakedown Strawberry Shakedown

Not a bad game.

Most Clock Day games are intended to be simple and fun, so this was no exception. The animation was decent and the controls were easy to use. Of course, I'm so lousy at the game I'm not really sure what to say. I couldn't even get half the needed score on easy mode, so apparently I have given myself a bad name. The game is a fun challenge though, on the tough mode you keep thinking it's going to end but time doesn't move fast enough.

I could never really picture this itself as a game, but maybe one include in a series of clock-related mini games. The concept of it is sweet and simple, but just expanding on what to do would make it more amusing. The delay idea is a great touch, maybe add quick power up like "2x mouse speed" or "+3 seconds", something like that would make it more appealing in my mind. Anyways, happy belated Clock Day and keep up the good work.

Strawberry's suicide Strawberry's suicide

One of my favorites this year.

I must admit, I was laughing the whole way through. The animation wasn't really anything to glance at, but you made a full recovery in that department due to all the humor in the flash. The scene with the bullet made me laugh the hardest when you zoomed in on the bullet and it was so misshapen and the heart coming out topped it off, it was a perfect ending. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, the loose sense of comedy in this made it much more amusing than I intended.

The theme from the Incredible Hulk was a great touch, that was the first thing that made me laugh. It's also odd how fitting this seemed for the last Clock Day, it makes sense somewhat since it was a drought this year that Strawberry would commit suicide. I'm probably just over analyzing it but I thought that was a neat coincidence. Overall, a very underrated movie this Clock Day, I'll gladly recommend it for the collection. Keep up the great work!

speeling responds:

Thanks :) I try. really means a lot, hoping it can get front paged ;p.

Hey man, take a look at my other flash. it's not like this but hey, I spent more time on it-but prefer this one better.

SBC is awesome SBC is awesome

Best Clock Day game this year.

I think the simplicity of this game is why I enjoyed it so much. The clicking got insane after a while, but it allowed the game to have easy controls which is always something to look for. The animation was great, I love the detail put into each of the fruits and the Tom power-up was a hilarious addition. There wasn't an increase in difficulty as it went on, but I liked the challenge of how the enemies frequently came at a different speed, it turned the game up a notch.

Users often overlook the idea that on Clock Day games can be made as well, I'm glad you took advantage of that. Movies on Clock Day generally do get the glory, but games are always a nice change of pace on that day so way to go against the curve and submit something much more exciting than a movie in my opinion. Great job on this one, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope the medals are fixed soon. Keep up the awesome work, man!

Rooble responds:

Thanks for the very long review :D

I personally think I wasted my time making this, but atleast there aren't many other clock day games to have competition with xD

Triumph des Erdbeere Triumph des Erdbeere

This flash IS Clock Day.

This flash is what all Clock Day flashes should strive to be. Great sound and music choices, the part with Tom was fantastic and the bees part was classic. The whole tweening bit was sorta overplayed but I loved the style of the animation, it was very well done. My favorite parts were when the Clocks were speaking German and of course when Tom came and saved Strawberry. I can overcome the confusion I watched mainly due to all the laughs I had throughout the film.

I'm never sure what to expect on Clock Day, but your flashes never seem to disappoint. The random antics and sound bites all make this flash truly one of a kind and really does represent the essence of Clock Day. Not much too complain about, but I foresee some other awards for this flash in the future. To date, this is my favorite Clock flash of the year. Keep up the fantastic work you two!

SBC: Moon Mission SBC: Moon Mission

Not my cup of tea.

It really shows that you two worked on this for two days, there wasn't much to do at this game. It was just collecting items at no cost and then going back for another task. Granted, that's what many adventure games are, but unfortunately this one did not have anything that was appealing and distinguished it from another game. I also had a glitch where I could not talk to the clock who sold the spaceship parts after I had collected all the gold, so I don't know if it's possible to finally "beat the game" unless I took the wrong approach upon it.

The music and animation were good, but that was all I can graciously say I liked about it. No depth or atmosphere was traditionally what I felt the biggest flaw was, simply walking in a circle with no difficulty. The only challenge in the game was digging the treasure, and after two times of that it got repetitive. The constant repetition made the game dull overall. I'm a fan of both of your work, but this game did not live up to par. Good luck with future submissions.

Man Man 2 Man Man 2

One crazy collaboration.

I thought the animation for all the pieces were good, I liked how each author put their own style into the segments. I thought many of the endings were predictable, as it seemed like the first handful of cartoons always ended with someone blowing up, I'm not saying it wasn't funny, but all the segments seemed to run together as I really cant remember them after watching them no less than two minutes ago. My favorite part was definitely the Quizno's one, the Toasty! sound bite never seemed to disappoint.

The sound effects that were used seemed to be increasingly louder as the flash drew on, it was difficult to be attentive the whole time due to the blaring sounds that were distracting from the actual point (if there was one) to some of the flashes. I would also like to see some of the parts lengthened, as many of them had potential but it seemed like they just stopped with a cliche ending. The voice acting was so-so. But anyway, I would recommend making a sequel, I sense growth in you authors and am looking forward to viewing the finished product. Keep up the good work you guys!

OnionsXD responds:

I really agree with most of what you said and I must say you did a pretty good analysis of the cartoon. This isn't the best and I know that now and the humopr could've been a bit better. We are working on the sequel now and it is almost finished and its humor is way better...because it has punch lines! :P

Adrellia Village #1 Adrellia Village #1

Not too shabby.

I guess since it was the first episode there's not a lot to understand. I never really understood why Drake wanted to become a knight or that his name was even Drake without reading the author's comments. The animation was pretty good and I liked the voices. I would recommend studying the lip sync though, the way the characters' mouths moved got pretty annoying. I like the idea for the series, but be sure to give more background information in the episodes.

The music was good, I thought I recognized one of those songs and when I saw it was from Neopets in the credits I immediately knew where I heard it, plus the song in the credits sounded really good. Overall, looks like a promising series, I can seriously sense there will be improvement in each of the episodes. Simply adding clarity and more of a storyline will do wonders for a series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the future chapters of this series and keep up the good work!

Summer Slaughter Summer Slaughter

Pretty good game.

While I always find these zombie shooting games to be overdone, I like the little twist you guys put on it. The plot behind it with the sunscreen was clever, plus Fro did an excellent job with the voice acting at the beginning. The controls were alright, but the main turn-off was that it seemed like you just got a flat amount of money after every round instead of a progressing amount based on how well you performed each level. This way it was very limited on how we could spend our money through each playthrough.

I thought the soundtrack fit well in the game, the animation was good, and the storyline was funny. I thought opening scene was really good, I kinda wanted there to be more cutscenes and animated parts, or a final epic scene at the end. Another thing I would recommend is when upgrading on health, I wouldn't make it $100 to get full health, that way you're paying the same amount whether your health is at 90% or 10%. It seems reasonable to just make it $10 per 10%, but that's just me. Anyway, I like the way the game turned out, it was challenging and funny, a rare combination. Keep up the great work, you three!

CoolJaw: P.S. IIII-V CoolJaw: P.S. IIII-V

Very cool.

I like the interactivity of this comic overall. It's neat how it is a movie but it still allows you to participate in it. The several pages at the beginning were kinda annoying since they were all links to previous chapters, but it was good since it gave me background information on the series. I must say, the animation on this was so simple, but some of the best I have seen in a long time.

The animation (and perfectly fitting music I might add) reminded me of the scene from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown where Snoopy was the Red Baron, I know it's a stretch to think about but it oddly made me think of it. Overall, I thought it was a great idea for a comic, good plot too. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. Keep us updated and keep up the awesome work!

Celx-Requin responds:

Thanks man I really appreciate the review!
Sincerely,